The duCret School of Art is situated on five beautiful acres, and is located on a quiet neighborhood street in a residential area, just on the outskirts of the City of Plainfield, NJ. Directly across the street resides the Cedarbrook Elementary School. The duCret building was originally a family home in the 1900's, and was converted into a boys school in the 1930's by Wardlaw-Hartridge. An addition to the main house, the Wardlaw-Hartridge School built on an additional wing, which housed a gymnasium, classrooms, and an auditorium. In the late 1970's duCret came to the location and now fully occupies the property. The building is a Historic landmark.
Classes are limited in size, enabling students a consistent one-on-one educational relationship with instructors. Featured above is the computer lab.
Faculty members at duCret are actively working art professionals in their respective fields, who mentor business practices as well as foundation skills.
Strong bonds are created among students at duCret in a studio environment. duCret promotes community engagement and group cooperation.